My Garden

15 August 2011





 
I love gardening. I love planting my seeds in the spring and look at them grow. I am not the best gardener in the world but love to play in the dirt.
I have no problems with flowers, but vegetables!!! This is another matter….. LOL
Some years they grow perfectly, other year they stay in seeds stage, other one look pitiful and go kaput on me.
This year, my salad was perfect, also my radish. My cucumber flowered only last month …so they are late. The first batch of beans where very good to eat, after they went black and they shrunk on the stems!!!!
Right now, I am waiting to eat the rest of my vegetables. And they all coming in the same time….I will have to give some to my neighbours.

One thing sad about it is when all the vegetables are gone and the dirt in the garden is turn for next year….fall is coming… *SIGH*

I found some Gardening Quotes who kind of describe me in the garden..

"A garden is never so good as it will be next year."-- Thomas Cooper

"There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments." -- Janet Kilburn Phillips

 My green thumb came only as a result of the mistakes I made while learning to see things from the plant's point of view.  ~H. Fred Dale
  
They are huge ...  








 and the boss who follow me everywhere


2 comments:

Peggy@ColorMoiMandalas said...

Luscious looking tomatoes! I miss my garden this year... thanks for sharing... your pictures are great!

Catherine said...

Wonderful, Elaine! Beuatiful photos! Wish I could pull off one of those tomatoes right now and bite into it! Love those quotes - so true! And the BOSS - what a beauty Mira is!